2015 SST Classroom Decoration Competition
There will be a Classrooms Decoration Competition coming up.
Class Exco members are to lead their class in this project. Students need to submit a short write-up (less than 100 words) to explain to the judges how the class decoration is related to their class mission, goals and code of conduct. Submissions must be done by 29 January 2015 (Thursday).
Guidelines to adhere to:
- Students are encouraged to use recycled materials to decorate their classroom. There will be no reimbursement of expenses incurred.
- The decoration should be done in a tasteful manner i.e. there should be no offensive language, symbols or pictures used.
- Painting of the classroom is not allowed.
- Please take care of the equipment provided by the school. Cost of any damage done to any school property will be borne by the class.
- Safety of the classroom should not be compromised.
- Areas to note:
- Notice-boards need to be allocated for different subjects and announcements. Eg. Duty roster.
- Classroom must be clean and neat.
- The locker area is clean and free from clutter.
- Class mission, goals and code of conduct are clearly displayed.
- The items in the class cupboards are neatly arranged.
- Class Seating plan is prominently displayed at the teacher’s table.
The competition will assess students on the following:
● Class Theme reflects their mission, goals and code of conduct. (30%)
● Overall presentation and use of space inside the classroom (30%)
● Creativity (10%)
● Effort (10%)
● Classroom cleanliness (10%)
● Use of recycled material (10%)
Judging will take place on 30 Jan 2015 (Friday) from 1 p.m. onwards.
The categories of prizes will be given out for each respective levels:
- MOST CREATIVE
- MOST ENVIRONMENTALLY-FRIENDLY
2015 SST Classroom Decoration Competition - Judging Criteria and Rubrics
Barely meets expectations (6)
Does not meet expectations (4)
Class Theme reflects their mission, goals and code of conduct. (30%)
Class theme is clearly aligned to the class mission and goals.
Class theme is somewhat aligned to the class mission and goals.
Class theme is not aligned to the class mission and goals.
Class theme is not evident.
Class Mission and goals
Class mission and goals are displayed clearly in a prominent position.
Class mission and goals are displayed clearly.
Class mission and goals are hardly visible or displayed in an obscure position.
Class mission and goals are not displayed.
Class Code of Conduct
Class code of conduct is displayed clearly in a prominent position.
Class code of conduct is displayed clearly.
Class code of conduct is hardly visible and / or displayed in an obscure position.
Class code of conduct is not displayed.
Overall presentation and use of space inside the classroom (30%))
“Fabulous”! “In Awe!”
“That’s a job well done!” “Nice job!”
“Okay, I see where they were going with that.”
“What?” “I don’t get it.”
The decoration is exceptionally attractive and beautifully done. Well constructed and neat.
The decoration is attractive and neat.
The decoration is acceptably attractive. May be a bit messy.
The decoration is distractingly messy.
Completeness & Use of space
Classroom decoration is completed. Excellent use of space in the classroom.
Classroom decoration is completed but space was not used to the full extent. Some items are out of place.
Classroom decoration is somewhat completed.
No attempt to decorate the classroom or incomplete work.
Display of new ideas and originality
Exceptional display of new ideas and originality.
Good use of new ideas and originality.
Conventional ideas were used in decorating the classroom.
No use of new ideas or originality was used to decorate the classroom.
A lot of thought of effort was put into making the classroom interesting.
A good amount of thought was put into decorating the classroom. A bit more effort it might have been outstanding.
With a little more effort, the work could have been outstanding; lacks the finishing touches.
Minimum effort shown. Lack of pride in finished work.
Use of recycled materials (10%)
Most of the materials used for are made of recycled materials.
Some of the materials used for are made of recycled materials.
Little of the materials used for are made of recycled materials.
No attempt to use recycled materials.
Classroom Cleanliness (10%)
Every 2 items = 1 point
□ Classroom floor is clean.
□ Waste paper bins are cleared.
□ Arrangement of furniture (table and chairs) is neat.
□ Whiteboard is clean.
□ All notices are neatly pinned.
□ Top of the cupboards and the teacher’s table is free from clutter and dust.
□ Items inside the cupboard are neatly placed.
□ Locker area is clean and free from clutter.
Note: Classes will be immediately disqualified if any picture and language used is inappropriate or offensive.
The class deco competition form is available in the S3-05 class matters google drive folder. You can access it here